Always check the Mesa School Board website for current meeting information. We do not always update each of these bullets. They’re provided her as an public service, not as a be-all-do-all solution.
Regular meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month. Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room, 549 N. Stapley Drive, Mesa. The meetings are live streamed at http://www.mpsaz.org/live.
- Agendas are posted 24 hours prior to the meeting. Go here and look for “Public Meeting Notices”: https://www.mpsaz.org/o/mpsaz/page/govboard.
- If a person wishes to address the Board regarding an item not on the agenda, the citizen may address the Board during an “open call to the public”, when a call to the public is listed on the agenda. Call to the public takes place at the second meeting of the month.
- Be aware of any “Consent Agenda” items on the Agenda. This means that all items listed will be considered as a group and will be approved with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a Board Member or citizen so requests, in which case the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered as a separate item.
- Public comments on an agenda items require you to submit a request to address (located in the board room lobby). Be aware that each speaker gets 3 minutes maximum and there is only 15 min allocated for all public comments combined. Therefore, your speaking time could be less than 1 minute if there are a lot of public comment requests.
- During the summer, board meetings begin at 5 p.m.
Study sessions are generally held at 5 p.m., an hour and a half before each Regular meeting
- Study sessions allow board members to review information or ask questions and still have some time to consider how they will later vote on an item during the Regular meeting.
- Items discussed during a Study Session are often on the Regular meeting’s “Consent Agenda”. If you have questions about these, wait for the Study Session to end and then ask for that topic to be removed from the Consent Agenda so that you may ask a question about it.
- NO official actions are taken during study sessions.
- The public can watch, but the public cannot ask questions or comment.
- During the summer, Study sessions begin at 3:30 p.m.